Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This Baby Stuff is Driving Me to the Bottle!!!

Oh, I see what you were thinking!! Come on now, that's not what I meant! I meant baby bottles!!

See, this is an important decision- what kind of bottle do you go with? There are so many choices!

Let's see, there is Born Free, and who wouldn't want to go with the bottle that is named after the 1966 movie about a Kenyan game warden who raises a lion cub and then sets it free! (And, we could sing the song all the time- "Born Free, as free as the grass grows.... uh-oh. I'm dating myself. Oh well. Get used to it.)

But then there are Playtex bottles and they get really good reviews, AND, they have been around FOREVER. I remember Playex bottles from the last time around and that would be one thing that would give me some semblance of familiarity.

Avent has worked really hard to make bottles that work well because they are shaped just like... umm... I don't want to get into that here.

And if you want to give your child confidence, who would not want to feed them from a Prince Lionheart bottle? Oh wait. We are having a girl. Is there like a Princess Jasmine bottle?

Gerber is a trusted name. Evenflo sounds like it would work well. Do we want plastic? Glass? Well I do know this - its got to be BPA free. (I am pretty sure that BPA stands for Bottle Pungent Aroma- you know, that smell you get when you leave a half finished bottle sitting aroung a little too long... I think that they have bottles that mask the smell- thus the "BPA Free")

Which one is easiest to clean? Which one holds up after repeated use? Which one will she like? What in the world should we do?

Wait! I found one! There is one called Dr. Brown's! And I am pretty sure that it must be named after Alton Brown on the Food Network- cause after all, who knows more about the science of food and food prep than Alton Brown??

I think we have a winner!

I vote Dr. Brown's!

(But I am not sure I have the swing vote here...)

Thanks for coming along...

More to come...

Jon & Mel

1 comment:

RussellFamily said...

I was just thinking 'bout you two and decided to check my google reader!! Jon you crack me up!! We never tried the Dr. Brown's...however...the drop-ins were are favorites!!! Easy to clean, cute (that is important for the little ladies), and simple!!!!

Anyway, as I tucked in my little miracles tonight I prayed that tomorrow goes smoothly for you two and the expectant mom!! May you all have an overwhelming sense of peace and comfort!!!