Thursday, January 21, 2010

Now That's Not Funny!!! (But I'm Gonna Live)

I had one of those "one second lasts for an eternity" moments this morning. Here is the scene...

I am up and dressed- out in the kitchen- making the morning coffee and bagel. You know that we are living life like firefighters right now- waiting for the call. Waiting for the phone to ring.

So there I am pouring the coffee at 5:45 am... and the phone rings.

And there it was- the eternity moment. I thought, "This is it. Alison is in labor. In another 24 hours we are going to have a baby girl." I wondered what she would look like. I wondered if she would like sports or drama or horses or dollhouses... I wondered if she would be a good driver and how she would look when she went to the 8th grade Christmas dance and the prom and on her wedding day. I wondered if she would want to be a doctor or a radio personality or social worker or a teacher, (nah- not a teacher). I wondered if she would be left handed and if she would like to sing. I wondered what adventures God would take her on. I wondered if she would travel and see the world. I wondered if she would be daring or reserved- outgoing or shy. I wondered who she would be.

So I answered the phone.

It was a recording.

It was from the Superintendent's Office.

We had a 2 hour delay at school.


The most anti-climactic 2 hour delay of my life.

Thanks for coming along...

Jon and Melanie

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I just read the past 3 posts and I feel restless myself!!! i'm sure there are so many emotions you two are experiencing...thanks for sharing some of them. Keep us updated...maybe it'll be today!!

DEBSIK said...

Mel and Jon,
Just wanted to tell you how totally extatic I am for you guys and your new little bundle of joy that is waiting for just the right moment to be born! Many prayers have gone your way!
Cant wait to meet her!

Debbie Kiesel (Allyson's mom)